Readings I Recommend

  • Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson
  • Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
  • Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
  • Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris
  • It's Beginning to Hurt by James Lasdun
  • The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • The Man Who was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton
  • Identity by Milan Kundera
  • A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
  • Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer

Additional Blogs I Recommend

Monday, January 11, 2010

My Statement of Purpose

This is the year I start writing. As an English student (and an aspiring Creative Writing Master's student), good writing is pivotal to the understanding of Literature and argument. I am terrible at it. Have you ever looked at the words on the page you've written and become nauseated? I have.

The goal in this blog is to better my creative writing skills by keeping note of my dreams. This may seem odd, but trust me, it's going to be more arduous than you think! One must think of handling perspectives, cogent character development, crystalizing historical background, and juggling descriptions of "dream-logic" (that which only exists to reason in the subconscious of the individual).

So, to any of you out there reading this, welcome to my own little world.


1 comment: